Mayuko's blog

Since everyone else seems to be doing this... I started as well (although it took me two months to actually publish the first page). We'll see how long it will last...

Monday, April 07, 2008

One year anniversary...?!

ごめんなさい。。。気づいたら、既に前回のアップデートからかなりの月日が経過してました。
いろんな人に文句言われたので、がんばってアップデートします。

今日(4月7日)は、タイの休日(本当は、6日がラマ1世がバンコク王朝を開いた記念日、7日は振り替え)なので、仕事もなく、家でゆっくりできました。
来週は、ソンクラン(=タイ正月:道行くひとたちに水かけたりして、お祝いします)で、この連休を利用して、タイのピピ島というところに旅行するつもりなので、今日は、その準備。ルンルンルン。。。。早く休みにならないかな~!

。。。。と準備してて、不意に気づいたのですが、
げーっ!!!まじー!?

タイに来てから、もうすぐ1年が経過しようとしてました。
そういえば、丁度、昨年4月のソンクラン中に、タイに引っ越したんでした(で、タイでの1日目に、水とかトイレットペーパーとか外に買いに行って、タイの見知らぬ人たちに水かけられました)。

と知った瞬間、少々焦りが。
私はこの1年で、何の成果を出したんだ?
事務所での物事の進め方、というのを学んだ以外、何か存在価値を表せれたのか???


。。。(反省)。。


ということで、休暇では、一年を振り返り、次のソンクランまでに何を達成すべきなのか、
よく考えてくることにします。。。(はい。。ビーチで寝そべりながら、ダイビングの合間に。。)
今後、半年を目標に、タイやカンボジアのカウンターパートに、
私が担当でよかった、と思ってもらえるように、がんばらねば。。。



To all of my friends who have been asking me for updates...(sorry)
Yes, I have been well in BKK, working hard, traveling a lot.
Today was a holiday in Thailand (a substitute holiday for yesterday, which commemorates Rama I for founding the chakri dynasty).
April is a big holiday time for Thais. We have Thai New Year next week, Songkran, where people celebrate by throwing water at each other. For Songkran, I am planning to visit one of the islands in Thailand, called Koh Phi Phi. I am so looking forward to it.

Then.... suddenly I came to the realization that....I actually moved here during last year's Songkran (and got splashed with water by a stranger).

Sh*&^!! It's already been one year since I came to Thailand!!!!
In this field of work, people rotate quite frequently, the same person doesn't stay in one position more three years. As far as my current position goes, I cannot assume beyond 1 year and a half.
This is such a short time-span to learn the new countries, projects, procedures, and then produce outputs.

Have I achieved anything in one year? Was I able to perform in a way to benefit our counterparts? Have I successfully become to be a staff who is irreplaceable? So many questions and doubts.... This is a great wake up call...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Wow! 1 year... that's crazy. But when I think that I left Tokyo 1.5 years ago, maybe it isn't that crazy. Time just FLIES by. Glad that you are doing well and getting to hit Phi Phi. I am so jealous when I hear about you and others going for little jaunts to all these great places. Being in the US just doesn't do it for me on the adventure front. =) Be well Mayuko!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Mayuko said...

Hey Ali,
I know, isn't it crazy?? So it's been 1.5 yrs since you left Tokyo... That just sounds like a long long time ago.

Phi Phi was great. I'll upload some pictures!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home